Friday, April 1, 2011

Another Mini-Reunion in Perth

.
I received a brief note and some photos from the roving ambassador of Form 5Sc (1976), Alfred Wong. Thanks buddy ... keep 'em coming..



Dear WJ,

I returned to Perth this week to attend my daughter's convocation at UWA and took the opportunity to meet up with our former classmates (Kevin Chin and Paul Tang - Form 5 1976) and also one form mate (David Chong - Form 3 1974). I am not sure if anyone of our former form-mates remembered David who was studying in St Joe from Form 1 to Form 3 and infact was in the same class with Philip Tang for 3 years! (Form 1B to 3B)

I didn't recognize David as one of our form-mate back in 2000 when I first met up with him after leaving Form 5 in 1976. We were both involved in the construction of the new ILP turnkey project in Samarahan. David was the Consultant Architect and I was the building contractor for the project. David eventually sold his Architectural practice to my Architect brother when he migrated to Perth in 2003. Currently David is doing project management work for several retirement village projects outskirt of Perth. Coincidently, David's son and my son was also former form-mates back at Lodge School in Kuching and both kids are currently pursuing Engineering degrees at the same university, UWA.

It's also nice to catch up with Kevin and Paul together with their wives, Pearl and Christine again. We had a nice Thai food dinner, courtesy of Paul (Dinner on me next trip, guys). Great also to know that both of them are doing well and looking young!

I have uploaded a few photos of our reunion and would be interesting to see if anyone can still remember David, especially.

Bye


Alfred Wong - Form 5 Science 1976

Here are the photos ...

Pic 1: David Chong (left) & Alfred Wong

Pic 2: Name the ladies ?

Pic 3: Who's that on the left?

Pic 4: With the other half


Well, hope you were able to recognise some of your old friends. 

Josephians of the Seventies, any other re-union writeups, news and photos you might have are always welcome. Just send them to me at jslyong@hotmail.com .
.

6 comments:

  1. Do you have David's email or contact details?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone looking good but AW looks too young. What's the secret?

    ReplyDelete
  3. He found the Fountain of Eternal Youth while his construction company was doing the piling work. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya, I remember David Chong, back in those days he was tall and slim.
    If I'm not wrong, he used to have an office at Stutong area, somewhere near Foody Goody cafe.
    If you are reading this, "Hai David!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any of the Sarawakians in Perth coming back to vote?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any of the Sarawakians in Singapore coming back to vote?

    ReplyDelete