Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Whatever Happened to These Guys?

Just a short posting. I happened to see these pictures on the Web, and it brought back pleasant memories. When in primary school, many of us kids wanted to be Napolean Solo or Illya Kuryakin, these intrepid guys from the series The Man from U.N.C.L.E. Believe it or not, after so many years, I can still tell you that U.N.C.L.E. stands for United Network Command for Law & Enforcement (I swear I did NOT google that!)





Yeah, those were the days. I remember watching the movies and TV series, and reading the comics. Anybody know what these guys are up to nowadays?

Do share who were YOUR favourite heroes during your boyhood days ...

11 comments:

  1. Ha ha ... I once had a Man from UNCLE pencil box

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I’ve made somewhere around 150 pictures,” Robert Vaughn says with a sigh, “and a lot of them are B-pictures, I can tell you that. I’d say there’s about one hundred of them I don’t remember.” So begins the UK's Telegraph article on Robert Vaughn today ...

    Check out
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/starsandstories/4949437/Robert-Vaughn-the-long-ride-from-U.N.C.L.E.-to-Auntie.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a James Bond 007 fan. Nothing else comes close. Now can I have my Martini, shaken not stirred?

    ReplyDelete
  4. David McCallum played Illya Kuryakin in "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." Later on in the mid 1970s, he was also in a series "Th Invisible Man"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you remember "The Saint"? I loved the books and the shows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember Robert Vaughn and Yul Brynner in "The Magnificent Seven" western movie. Saw it at least 6 times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You remember the name of their boss? The older man?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wasn't there a "Girl from U.N.C.L.E." ? Or was it "Man from A.U.N.T.I.E." ???

    ReplyDelete
  9. "... a man barely alive ... we can rebuild him ... we have the technology ..." Can anyone remember these words which always accompanied the opening sequence of the popular TV series of the 70s ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Steve Austin, a man barely alive..... Bionic Man starring Lee Majors. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Six Million Rupee ManFebruary 3, 2012 at 5:18 PM

    Almost right .. hehehe ... Six Million Dollar Man.

    ReplyDelete