Wednesday, January 11, 2012

More on John Lee's Trip

Here are some updates from John Lee (Class of Form 5, 1976) who is back in this part of the world ...


From: saylu59@hotmail.com
To: jslyong@hotmail.com
Subject: Mini Reunion in KL
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 09:26:42 +0000


Hi....James


On my recent visit to KL, I had a chance meeting with some of our schoolmates - with the help from Lee Kien, I was able to get in touch and meet up with some of our friends. Unfortunately there were others who was either unavailable or cannot make it on that day, they were Philip Chin, Cyril Moh, Harry Goh, Dato Anthony Macpherson, there may be others but may be you or someone else may be able to name them so that we or anyone calling at KL would be able to call upon. we need another "Bob Chew" in KL. 

1. First meeting was with Chee Kok - we had a drink at the Shangri La Hotel
2. Second meeting was with Lawrence Chin, Kueh Fook and Chee Kok  - we met up at the Pavillion Mall, having some Bak Kut Teh

Best wishes to all.

John


He sent me some photos ... (which I admit taking some artistic license with  :)

Photo 1: With Chee Kok


Photo 2: I couldn't resist doing a "Then and Now" on this one ...


As I post this, John & his missus are now in Singapore, and we will meet up later for dinner.

Added Later

Here's the group at dinner at No Signboard restaurant, located at the Esplanade Theatres by the Bay ...


Photo 3: After dinner in Singapore (11th Jan 2012)

It has been 35 years since I last met John. I think it's about the same for both Liang Fang & Richard Lim

Welcome to Malaysia and Singapore, Mr & Mrs John Lee ...

13 comments:

  1. great Then & Now, WJ ... do more of these in future postings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. for someone living in England, John looks pretty tanned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, still into body-building or not?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking very good, John ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. what is that colourful dish on the table in Photo 3?

    ReplyDelete
  6. WJ, do a Then & Now for Photo 3 leh

    ReplyDelete
  7. WJ, time to do a "Year of the Dragon" posting, like last year's Rabbit one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many thanks to James who hosted the dinner for us. Since my return, I had so much seafood and other wonderful Malaysian/Singapore that I had a bad reaction to it which causes my left big toe to swell - diagnosed as gout. Layman's term for having too much "rich food". Trust me, you do not want to get it - it can be on any part of your joints in your body and can be very painful. Been to see the doctor in Singapore who prescribed me some pain killers and inflammatory tablets. Anyway, I will be back in Kuching and hope this problem eases.

    Thanks for the kind comments. Here my answers to some comments:

    1. Tanned looked - I had to opportunity to arrived in KL for a few days and managed to catch plenty of sun and prior to that I was somewhere sunny too.

    2. Bodybuilding - you must be kidding!!!!. No, only the general toning up at the gym. Take your anger with the weights!!! LOL. Another form of de stressing.

    3. The colourful dish was the dessert of fruits - melon, mango and watermelon

    To those who are based in Singapore or those who may visit Singapore, may I recommend a very nice seafood eatery place. It's cheap, no parking fee to pay, bill do not carry service or govt tax - cash only. This place is very popular for their steamboat, seafood dishes and assam fish head, cereal prawns, etc. The address is:

    Good Year Seafood Village
    15, Tampines Avenue (Old Tampines Road)
    Singapore, 529788
    65839515/96425800

    You may have to ring up for reservations during the weekend though. Do let me know if you have been to the place and let's hear your comments.

    Until next time.........best wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes John, I've been there once and the food there is well, like you put it,cheap and good and free parking. Good value for Sing dollars.

      I remember we had look for a parking space and we sort of drove round and round the area looking for one.

      Got to meet a part time waitress working there, a University student and she's from Cambodia.

      Delete
    2. @NL - Oooooooh ... part-time Cambodian waitress ... so tell us what happened next???? LOL

      Delete
    3. Belly belly sorry la Anon 2:30AM, what happen next ho....is personal matter la. Don't worry, I didn't ask her out 'kay, otherwise our brother Sinos will 'kepong' me boh.....

      Delete
  9. Hey, don't play play ah...Cambodian lady eh? Or else we will send Khmer Rouge to hunt you down if you kacau that lady...

    Rgds,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi....All

    I am safely back in the UK now and I would like to express my thanks and my gratitute to all my friends of whom I have the opportunity to meet and to be taken out to many lunches and dinners. You have certainly made my holidays in Malaysia and Singapore much more worth while and how I wish I can meet up with more of you........hopefully there will be another opportunity. Many thanks again.

    ReplyDelete