Friday, September 30, 2011

Back to Vietnam (Part 1)

This week, I've been back in Hanoi and HoChiMinh City (HCMC) in Vietnam. .

I spent two days in Hanoi, still one of my favourite cities. Hanoi is not very modern, meaning there aren't many gleaming skyscrapers, but that's the charm of the place. Chaotic traffic, with still a majority of motorbikes compared to cars .... A distinct French colonial feel to the buildings and boulevards .... And great cuisine. Actually the French influence on the Vietnamese lives on very prominently in their breads and croissants. Simply heavenly.

I was in Hanoi to speak at a CIO conference and meet some customers. I won't bore you with the details of the conference itself, but I think you guys might be interested in what we were treated to at the post-conference Gala Dinner.

Hmmmm, I suspect this may bring up the visitor hits on this blog ...(remember to turn up the volume)





In case that video clip was too quick for you, here are a few still shots ...


Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4


Geez, the things I do to bring some CULTURAL EXPOSURE to you guys !!! Now, don't go rushing all at once to buy air tickets to Hanoi now, ok? Ha ha ha ...

Well, that's it for Part 1. I'm still in HCMC till this evening, so can hopefully I bring you some updates later in Part 2 of this posting.

13 comments:

  1. wah, IT conference so nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very niceeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Video too short lah !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ARE YOU SURE THIS IS WORK, WJ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. WJ next time you go VN tell us n we tag along too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of Viet hotties!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look like same girls in both dances.

    ReplyDelete
  8. woooooooooooooooooooo ... nice dance

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure WJ was focusing on the music, the backdrop and the choreography ... nothing else. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure Nick is missing Vietnam. Ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  11. WJ, which city is nicer - Hanoi or HCMC?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Next class trip to Vietnam. WJ, can you be the Tour Guide?

    ReplyDelete