Sunday, September 11, 2011

An 80's photo from Sky Sim

Here's a nice nostalgic shot from the 80's, sent to me today by Sky Sim (now living in Oz).




Here's his brief note ...

Subject: Photo from 1980
From: skysim@iprimus.com.au
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 19:21:21 +1000

Folks

While trying to clean up the computer to make more space I came across this photo buried in there, taken around 1980, when I was on my holiday in Kuching from studies in the UK.

Obviously the fashion then was batik edges on the T shirts! Sadly Tan Chin Chai who was a close classmate is no longer with us.

James, can I trouble you to share this photo on your St. Joe website.

Sky
.

With pleasure, my friend. Keep sending in these photographic gems ...

7 comments:

  1. Hi...All

    Thanks to SKY (Sim Kuan Yan) for finding this treasured photo. Sadly, I cannot recall this photo and the occasion or where this was taken. I hope someone in the photo can remember or who the photographer was. Dememtia setting in...I think. LOL

    Anyway, to those who do not know who these young
    handsome lads were - from left to right: Sim Kee How; John Lee (myself); Ng Koon Teck; Stanley Chong; Sim Kuan Yan (SKY) and Tan Chin Chai (sadly departed), all of SJS, Form 5B, 1976.

    Would love to see more of such photos of our friends and classmates. Not to forget, it does not have to be Class of 76 only!!!!!!

    Best wishes to you all. Hope to meet up with some of you in Janaury 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Form 5 Arts 1, not Form 5B ... yes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi...Joe 76

    Of course, silly me. it was Form 5 Arts 1 1976.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool pic. More, more, more ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeeeeeeeeeeee ...... what a bunch of handsome hunks !!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone is smoking, rokok on the table,(proof) who was it huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Groovy hairstyles ... some of you

    ReplyDelete