Friday, July 1, 2011

Golden Oldies of Local Music Scene

This has already appeared on my Facebook page, but sharing with others who may not have seen it.

I was in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah for a conference this week, and had a chance to catch up with Peter F, a cousin of mine. At his home, he shared with me his collection of old vinyls from the Golden Age of Malaysia & Singapore Music.



He has more ... this is only a small sample. I wish I kept the few I had as a teenager.


I am sure many of you will recognise the artistes and bands. They don't make 'em like they used to.

Rose, Naomi, Shirley, Rocky & others - if you are reading this, can you say "hello" to your long-time fans here ... :-)

8 comments:

  1. Great collection. Any Strollers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do young people these days start music groups and bands? Seems like not so much...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anybody know if any of the Avengers are still around?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anon Jul 2, 11.23AM : The Stollers' hit "Silly Joke" - still one of my favourites
    @ Anon Jul 2, 9.21 PM : Yes, from what I gather, Rose Iwanaga & The Avengers are still around,even the back-up singers too (but not sure whether they are all in Kuching). Rose still sings regularly in Church. Met her in person recently.
    If you need them to perform at functions, please contact Edgar Ong at 0198598928.
    Cheers and have a great week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Edmund - For a Josephians of the 70s reunion, maybe we should hire them to perform. Woooo hoooo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edmund, may I know which Church Rose goes to every Sunday. Tks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When are we gonna have another Class Reunion?

    ReplyDelete