Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Olivia Live in Singapore !

Last night, I had the chance to watch my long-time musical idol Olivia Newton-John perform at the Esplanade Theatre, Singapore.


One of the best concerts I've experienced in a long time ... she did a wide variety of songs from her repertoire NON-STOP for almost two hours .... the songs from Xanadu .... Physical .... the Country numbers .... the classics from Grease (complete with shoo-bob-sha-wadda-wadda-yippity-boom-de-boom) ..even a great rendition of "Send in the Clowns".... and she ended with her signature "I Honestly Love You" to a standing ovation.

The lady is 63, but looks not a day older than 40 (at least from where I sat :)

Brilliant.

6 comments:

  1. Does anyone remember that Olivia was in the Eurovision Song Contest the same year that ABBA won with Waterloo? She came 3rd or 4th I think

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long ..... Looooong Live Love ......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love is to care......caring and sharing......long....long live love..

      Delete
  3. John Travolta has put on some weight ha?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We seem to love watching over-weight balding singers on stage - perhaps because they look like us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems Olivia was doing an Asian tour. I saw a poster of her in Bangkok. Apparently she performed there on 23 Mar.

    ReplyDelete