Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Remembering Whitney Houston

Whitney Houston (1963-2012) was a diva, in the true sense of the word. She was a recording artiste, actress, producer and model. Guinness World Records cited her as the most awarded female act of all time.




She is well known for her hits "Saving All My Love for You", "Greatest Love of All", "How Will I Know", "Didn't We Almost Have It All", and "I Wanna Dance With Somebody". She sang and starred in "The Bodyguard" (1992) alongside Kevin Costner, and the soundtrack album topped of the charts and stayed there for weeks on end..

On Feb 11, 2012, she was found dead in her room at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, Beverly Hills, California. The cause of her death are still unclear, although rumours abound about a lethal combination of drugs and alcohol.

I remember the great lyrics from her "Greatest Love of All" hit ... the first verse goes ...

I believe that children are our future,
Teach them well and let them lead the way,
Show them all the beauty they possess inside,
Give them a sense of pride to make it easier
Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be


RIP Whitney Houston ...


3 comments:

  1. People like to remember drug addicts these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will Always Love You. RIP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will remember for the great music she gave us among them:
    Saving All My Love For You, I Will Always Love You, One Moment In Time, Greatest Love of All etc etc etc.

    ReplyDelete